Search erroneous cryptocurrency payments via AdvCash payment gate
1. Please make sure you have successfully sent to AdvCash - correct token on the correct blockchain to the correct address.
2. Check that transaction amount in blockchain matches the payment amount specified by the payment gateway at the last payment step. Please do not forget to add all sender's fees to the transaction. Incorrect payments with the wrong amount cannot be credited automatically.
If you transfer cryptocurrency directly from an exchange (like Binance etc.) or some custodial wallets that charge an additional fees on sending transactions, please keep in mind that the actual amount sent may be less by that additional fees.
In this case, the payment provider will not credit the payment with the wrong amount and the purchase will not go through.
3. Please check in blockchain that the payment has already received the required number of network confirmations (for example, for bitcoin - 6). If you sent a transaction with a reduced network fee, the confirmation time can increase significantly.
4. Check that the transaction was included in a block within the timeframe set by the AdvCash gateway. For example, BTC transactions must have at least 1 network confirmation within the 15 min rate fixing timeframe set by the AdvCash payment gateway.
If your wallet sends transactions with a delay or with a low network fees (not enough to include the transaction in the 1st block) then transaction may not get into the blockchain in the timeframe allocated by the AdvCash payment gateway.
In this case, the AdvCash payment gateway will not credit funds. Because funds are not transferred to us, we will not be able to credit them to your account.
5. If the payment was not credited you can submit a request to search for an erroneous payment to cbill by email support[at]cbill.tech providing them with the details of the transaction:
- Merchant Name - "regway"
- Payment gate name - "AdvCash";
- Transaction ID (AddFund-C-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX or Payment-C-XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX);
- Name of the cryptocurrency token (e.g. USDT) and blockchain / token standard (e.g. TRX / TRC-20)
- Link to the transaction hash in the blockchain (e.g. https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/f4184fc596403b9d638783cf57adfe4c75c605f6356fbc91338530e9831e9e16).
If a transaction is made with the wrong amount cbill support can process it manually after paying the missing amount and fees.
If the sender's wallet or exchange charges additional fees, take these fees into account when sending the payment.
Transactions with insufficient amount cannot not be added automatically by the payment provider.
The speed of confirmation in bitcoin-like networks depends on:
1. How fast your wallet sends a transaction to the network. We recommend creating payments from wallets / exchanges that send a transaction to the network without delay.
2. Network fee. We recommend that you set a fee that is sufficient to ensure that the transaction is included by the miners in the current block and does not remain in the mempool waiting for the next blocks.
We recommend using only non-custodial wallets, where you can independently manage the sending time and network fees (e.g. electrum for bitcoin).
If for some reason this is not possible (for example, the wallet / exchange you use sends payments with a delay and / or sets commissions for miners that are insufficient for quick confirmation of transactions on the bitcoin network and does not allow them to be changed) - you can use another bitcoin payment gate Webmoney.Merchant for BTC / USDT / ETH / LTC payments - there is a larger timeframe (for example, 20 min for BTС/LTC and 240 min for ETH/USDT), you can specify an auto-refund address, and there is also Lightning Network instant transactions support.
Or you can any other payment methods (cryptocurrency with a shorter block calculation time or traditional fiat).